Tuesday, March 01, 2005

on a lighter note, my boss

it has taken me nearly two weeks to calm myself enough to post this. but now comparing it to the last one, i realize how silly this was.

on the friday before february vacation, j. told me that i was very rude because i left a container of chicken wings in their refridgerator. it isn't my refridge, it is hers and her mother's. and i should take my things home with me.

now, a little background. otherwise called the great turkey leg caper. a year ago this past thanksgiving my boss cooked a turkey. and the wed. after thanksgiving i had to stay late because she had a party to go to. since i had been there all day i decided that i would risk food poisoning and eat a turkey leg. nearly a week after thanksgiving with 3/4 of the turkey left, i ate one turkey leg.

when my boss got home i casually mentioned how good the turkey was and what did she do to make it like that. (i have never cooked a good turkey in my life) she kinda screwed up her face and said that she guesses it is ok because it already happened, but from now on i should ask if i want to eat any of their food. been working for her for 3 years at this point, ate one turkey leg while doing her a favor and staying late.

by the time i got home i was fuming. and i fired off an email stating that i couldn't believe she was serious, in my 25 years of babysitting i have never not been allowed to eat while i was sitting. in fact, a lot of people have asked me what i liked to snack on so they would be sure to have it when i came over. blah blah blah

she wrote back that when she buys food it is only for 2 people, not 5 and she needs to know that if something is needed for dinner it is going to be there. blah blah blah

so, that is the only reason i had a food container in her fridge last week. BECAUSE I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THEIR FOOD.

but the part that kills me, is she obviously discussed this with j. WHO IS 7. not an adult. so i was shamed by a little child. because my boss is a freak.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog and your take on everything. Net time, put some elax in the freak's food containers and include the cost of food into your rate.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home